The archway and now demolished assize courts were built by public subscription in 1818 on part of the site of the Three Tuns Inn. The building was removed in 1935 to create a through road.
The Tourist Information Centre is through Tunsgate on the left-hand side of the road:
For information on tours, bus times, what’s going on in and around Guildford, plus other places (e.g. London).
No 134 dates from the 18th century and still has its original steps to the High Street. On the first floor there is a moulded plaster ceiling with painted animals.